Back in 2019, Steven Thewissen gave us the awesome Xamarin UI July. Steven described it as an advent calendar, where each day throughout the month you would have a new insightful Xamarin UI blog post to open.
Let’s do it again this year, but this time for .NET MAUI! Every day throughout July, a community-contributed blog post or video will be published showing some incredible UI magic in .NET MAUI.
This time around, we’ll extend the scope to include videos as well as blog posts. The videos and blog posts will be in English, and each one will be about a specific topic related to UI in .NET MAUI. It can be showing off a beautiful UI or control that someone has crafted, or it can be teaching how to use some aspect of building a UI in .NET MAUI.
What should I do?
Completely up to you! As long as it’s related to .NET MAUI UI, feel free to be as creative as you like. Some common topics people like for this kind of thing include:
- Replicate the UI of a well known app (that’s what I’m doing)
- Pick a fun or interesting design from Dribble and show how you can build it with .NET MAUI
- Deep dive into a .NET MAUI UI feature
- Build a popular UI control that doesn’t come in the box (like a bottom sheet for example)
These are just examples. If you think something is interesting, there’s a good chance the rest of the community will want to see you explain it.
How to Get Involved
If you want to participate, shout out on Twitter using the hashtags #dotnetmaui and #MAUIUIJuly, saying which day of the month you want to release your post or video on. Once you’ve picked a date I’ll add your name to the list below to reserve your spot.
From there, just get started on your content! Keep the following in mind:
- The topic must be related to UI in .NET MAUI
- Your blog post or video must be in English
- Your content should indicate what level it is pitched at (e.g., beginner or advanced)
- Link back to this post in your blog post or in the description of your video
- Publish your blog post or video on the date according to the list below
- Post a link to your video or blog post on Twitter, using the hashtags #dotnetmaui and #MAUIUIJuly
That’s it! Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. :)
.NET MAUI UI July Schedule
I hope you enjoy .NET MAUI UI July!