#MAUIUIJuly is back!
Based on an idea originally started for Xamarin by Steven Thewissen, MAUI UI July is a month-long, community-driven event where anyone gets to share some of their enthusiasm and passion for .NET MAUI.
In July last year (2022) we had an absolutely amazing month of contributions from the community, covering an incredible range of things to do with .NET MAUI. We had everything from replicating the UI of some well known apps, implementing some designs from Dribbble, creating controls, drawing controls, logging, the Community Toolkit… the list goes on, and there were some truly inspirational contributions and I urge you to check out the link above and take a look.
I’ve left it a little late this year so we may not get a full calendar, but it will still be fun to see what we can all come up with :)
As with last year, your contribution can be a blog post or a video. The videos and blog posts will be in English, and each one will be about a specific topic related to UI in .NET MAUI. It can be showing off a beautiful UI or control that someone has crafted, or it can be teaching how to use some aspect of building a UI in .NET MAUI.
Completely up to you! As long as it’s related to .NET MAUI UI, feel free to be as creative as you like. Some common topics people like for this kind of thing include:
- Replicate the UI of a well known app (that’s what I’m doing)
- Pick a fun or interesting design from Dribble and show how you can build it with .NET MAUI
- Deep dive into a .NET MAUI UI feature
- Build a popular UI control that doesn’t come in the box (like a bottom sheet for example)
These are just examples. If you think something is interesting, there’s a good chance the rest of the community will want to see you explain it.
If you want to participate, shout out on Twitter using the hashtags #dotnetmaui and #MAUIUIJuly, saying which day of the month you want to release your post or video on. Once you’ve picked a date I’ll add your name to the list below to reserve your spot.
From there, just get started on your content! Keep the following in mind:
- The topic must be related to UI in .NET MAUI
- Your blog post or video must be in English
- Your content should indicate what level it is pitched at (e.g., beginner or advanced)
- Link back to this post in your blog post or in the description of your video
- Publish your blog post or video on the date according to the list below
- Post a link to your video or blog post on Twitter, using the hashtags #dotnetmaui and #MAUIUIJuly
That’s it! Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. :)
|📰 How to organise your handlers
|📰 Create a credit card view in .NET MAUI
|📰 Replicating Wolt app (Norwegian food delivery app) in .NET MAUI
|📺 MAUI Form-factor customizations
|📰 Replicating Uber Delivery UI in .NET MAUI English Spanish
|Adding a custom action button to Shell tab bar
|Going Native with Blazor
|📰 Let’s play with CollectionView
|📰 Building a sliding puzzle game in .NET MAUI - Parts 1 - 5
|📰 Drawing Xmas Shapes in .NET MAUI
|Héctor Pérez Rojas
|📺 .NET MAUI UI Challenge - Coffee Shop App English Spanish
|📰 Responsive Layouts in .NET MAUI with OnOrientationExtension
|📰 Creating MAUI UIs in C#
|📰 Why does writing XAML have to be so slow?
|📰 Building a sliding puzzle game in .NET MAUI - Part 6 📰 Part 7
|📰 .NET MAUI UI/UX Challenge - Planetanaka - Part 1 English Spanish
I hope you enjoy .NET MAUI UI July!